Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'll take the Fillet of Cod

Once  Josh  began  eating  solid foods  I eagerly began steaming  and pureeing them.  Like my friend Becca I  found  baby  foods rather disgusting but making my own it's not so bad and saves some money.  Actually,  more than once I have shared Josh' s meal just because those strawberries looked so good.  So far Josh has had sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, zucchini, pears, prunes, cantaloupe, strawberries, mango, and bananas.  He has liked them all, although the carrots didn't like him.  I've even experimented by mixing some of  the fruits together...yummy!


For my birthday my mom bought me a large food processor so that I can puree and freeze in bulk. (She insisted it was the worst birthday present ever, I obviously, felt otherwise). So with my new kitchen toy I decided to get my First Meals recipe book out and see what new foods I could make. Here is what I found and I've got to admit, I'm not so sure about this...
*Cheesy leek sweet potato and cauliflower puree
*Fillet of Cod with a trio of vegetables
*Braised beef with carrots, parsnips, and potatoes
*Tasty ground beef with sweet potatoes and tomatoes

and look what's ahead at the nine month mark:
*Fillet of fish mornay with vegetables
*Flaked cod with tomatoes and zucchini
*Quick chicken couscous

I'm not sure because I don't check the supermarket baby isle very often, but I really don't think Gerber offers these selections!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Graham said that he can't wait to try some of this homeade food!! I've made sweet potatoes and bananas, but that 's it. He also said that he wasn't a big fan of fish, but he'll try any fruit or veggie! I've got a book I can bring to get even more ideas.

Tammy said...

Wow, I can't wait to eat at your house. Lucky Graham that will soon enjoy your fine cuisine. Could be the best or maybe worse experience of his little life. Love the new look of the blog. Miss you!

Becca Clay said...

Wow, you have great expectations. Good luck with all that. I'm pretty much on the go all the time, so the idea of "baby food popsicles" sounds good, but we shall see...

thelittlefields said...

Nice, Misty! Let me know what Josh thinks about the fish--I'm not a fish-eater so I immediately skipped over those recipes, but I'm interested to see if your little man likes them! Poor Josiah missed out on all that goodness.

desertaggies said...

Is that one of Annabel Karmel's books? I'm using a different one but loving it. Josiah likes almost everything I've given him including fish (of course I couldn't find cod & had to use hamour!) It's hard to find gerber here & even the organic jarred food tastes bad to me so I'm happy to be giving Josiah something healthy, cheap & hopefully will let him enjoy lots of different tastes. BTW- I'm envious of your trip to the children's museum. Miss you guys... Victoria